IOP Program in Los Angeles, CA
At Montare Behavioral Health, our continuum of mental health programming for adults includes an intensive outpatient program (IOP). Our Los Angeles IOP offers a customizable array of therapies and support services in a safe and highly supportive environment.
What is an IOP?
An intensive outpatient program (IOP) is a source of structured mental health services without a residential component. When an IOP is not in session, participants may be able to work, attend school, volunteer, and take part in other healthy and productive activities.
At Montare Behavioral Health, our IOP in Los Angeles offers three hours of mental health treatment five days per week.
Our IOP is one of two outpatient programs that we provide at Montare Behavioral Health. We also have an outpatient program that is less intensive compared to our IOP.
Our Los Angeles IOP may be the ideal level of care for people who meet one of the following criteria:
- They have completed our inpatient program and/or our PHP, and they can benefit from additional support as they prepare to transition out of treatment.
- Their needs require more robust services than they can receive via traditional outpatient counseling. But, they do not need full days of treatment or round-the-clock care.
We make all admissions decisions for our intensive outpatient program on a case-by-case basis. Our team reviews the history and needs of each prospective patient to ensure that our IOP in Los Angeles is the ideal place for them.
Mental Health Conditions Treated at Our Los Angeles IOP
Montare Behavioral Health’s IOP in Los Angeles serves adults who have a variety of mental health conditions, including the following:
- Anxiety disorders
- Depressive disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- Eating disorders
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
We also offer programming at the IOP level for adults who have a mental health disorder and a co-occurring disorder. This is referred to by clinicians as dual diagnosis.
The mental health concerns listed in this section are examples of the more common disorders that we treat at our IOP in Los Angeles. If you have been struggling with a mental health condition that is not mentioned in this section, please contact us directly. If we cannot provide the level of care that you need, we can refer you to a trusted provider.
What to Expect at Our IOP in Los Angeles, CA
What you can expect when you receive mental health treatment in our IOP in Los Angeles, California:
- You may participate in several types of therapy, including individual, group and family therapy.
- Your treatment may include multiple therapeutic modalities, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
- Your care may feature yoga, mindfulness, meditation, and other holistic practices that are designed to promote healing in mind, body, and spirit.
- You will work with a team of mental health professionals who truly care about your progress and who will work closely with you to help you achieve your goals.
- You will be encouraged to ask questions, express your concerns, and otherwise play an active role in your care. We want to empower all of our patients to take ownership of their recovery. This starts with having the answers you need, so that you can make the most informed decisions about your treatment and your health.
Benefits of an IOP for Mental Health
The specific benefits that you receive from our Los Angeles IOP will depend on your needs and goals, as well as your willingness to fully engage in all aspects of your treatment. In general, our IOP offers the following types of benefits to those who take part in treatment at our center:
- Structured services – Establishing a healthy daily routine can be an important part of managing your mental health. While you are in our IOP, you will be responsible for attending three hours of daily care. Your treatment schedule can help you incorporate more structure into your life.
- Real-world experience – During IOP sessions, you can develop valuable skills related to managing your symptoms, responding to stress in a productive manner, and otherwise living a healthier life. When our IOP is not in session, you will have ample opportunities to practice these skills in a variety of real-world environments. Then, during future sessions, you can process your experiences and receive focused feedback.
- Connection with others – Untreated mental illnesses can be isolating. At our IOP in Los Angeles, group therapy is a fundamental element of care. Groups can help you understand that you are not alone. During group sessions, you can also learn to make meaningful connections and share support with others who are also working to improve their mental health.
- Compassionate support – At Montare Behavioral Health, we know that untreated mental illnesses can have a negative impact on a person’s confidence and self-esteem. While you are in our IOP, we can help you rediscover your innate strengths, talents, and abilities. We will also continue to remind you that you and every other person who receives care in our Los Angeles IOP are worthy of being treated with compassion and respect.
Begin Our IOP in Los Angeles, CA Today
Montare Behavioral Health is a respected provider of personalized mental health services at several levels, including an intensive outpatient program. For adults who have been struggling with anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns, our IOP in Los Angeles, California, can be an essential source of treatment and support. Contact us today to learn more about our programming, or for help determining if our IOP is the right place for you or a loved one.