OCD Treatment Los Angeles, California
Montare Behavioral Health offers effective OCD treatment in Los Angeles, California. It is our goal to help each individual address the underlying issues that trigger this disorder in order to find the solutions needed to overcome the symptoms of OCD. Many people across the world experience symptoms of OCD. However, very few people seek residential OCD treatment regardless of how bad their symptoms are. This is in part because most people are unaware of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder treatment programs, because people are afraid to ask for help and due to the fact that people are often misdiagnosed.
What is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Digging into the underlying mental issues is critical. Sometimes, the lack of coping skills is the reason to blame for where an individual finds themselves. Other times, it can be because of specific circumstances. Many people wonder if obsessive compulsive disorder is curable. Proper evaluations and treatment plans combined with assessing the presence or absence of a mental health disorder is crucial to long-term success. True freedom is within reach. Contact us today.
Signs and Symptoms of OCD
Individuals with OCD may have symptoms of obsessions, compulsions, or a combination of both. OCD symptoms often interfere with all aspects of life including work, school, and personal relationships.
Obsessions are defined as repeated thoughts, urges, or mental images that cause anxiety.
Common symptoms include:
- Fear of germs or contamination
- Unwanted forbidden or taboo thoughts involving sex, religion, and harm
- Aggressive thoughts towards others or self
- Having things symmetrical or in a perfect order
Compulsions are defined as repetitive behaviors that a person with OCD feels the urge to do in response to an obsessive thought.
Common compulsions include:
- Excessive cleaning and/or handwashing
- Ordering and arranging things in a particular, precise way
- Repeatedly checking on things, such as repeatedly checking to see if the door is locked or that the oven is off
- Compulsive counting
An Individual is Generally Diagnosed With OCD if They Meet the Following:
- The individual can’t control his or her thoughts or behaviors
- The individual spends over an hour a day on these thoughts or behaviors
- The individual does not get pleasure when performing the behaviors or rituals
- The individual experiences significant problems in their daily life due to their thoughts or behaviors
Symptoms of OCD may come and go, but often, they worsen with time. If left untreated OCD, will continue to interfere with the individual’s daily life.
Begin OCD Treatment in Los Angeles at Montare Behavioral Health
The residential and outpatient OCD mental health treatment programs at Montare Behavioral Health utilizes individualized treatment plans in a therapeutic environment in order to treat OCD. Our Los Angeles OCD treatment plans include comprehensive assessments, exposure, and response prevention treatment (ERP), cognitive therapy, general education, family education, neurofeedback, medication, and additional holistic treatments. Oftentimes the sooner one enrolls in OCD treatment, the better off they will be. Contact our team today and we will help you or your loved one begin treatment for OCD in Los Angeles, California.