Mental Health Treatment Los Angeles
Finding the best mental health treatment in Los Angeles is crucial. A mental health rehabilitation center must be accredited and offer evidence-based mental health therapy that is customized for each patient. Our treatment staff at Montare Behavioral Health treats each patient with special individual care to ensure immediate support.
With the right support groups and health care, those suffering from mental illnesses can get back to living fulfilled lives that are also filled with growth. Read on to understand the mental health treatment programs that Montare Behavioral Health provides.
What is Mental Health?
Mental health is a term that refers to the well-being of a person’s psyche. People receive mental health treatment in Los Angeles through mental health counseling.
Mental disorders are conditions that create changes in thinking, behavior, emotions, or some sort of combination of the three. Mental disorders also often create issues functioning at work or with family and friends. They even create issues for a person when he or she is in social situations or relationships. Thus, it’s impossible to live a fulfilling life with a mental illness without receiving mental health disorder treatment.
Similar to one’s physical health, mental health is just as essential to observe and treat when needed. It is well known that exercise is critical to being healthy, but it’s just as important to take care of the mind, as it is the body.
Mental Conditions Treated at Montare Behavioral Health
Countless different mental conditions affect millions of people in various ways. This is why personalizing each therapy program is a vital component to success. Montare Behavioral Health treats a wide range of mental disorders.
Some of the mental disorders that we here at Montare Behavioral Health treat include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Levels of Care for Mental Health Treatment Los Angeles at Montare Behavioral Health
There are many levels of care for mental health treatment Los Angeles here at Montare Behavioral Health. Each of these levels of care is administered based on the severity and uniqueness of a mental condition. For example, Montare BH patients that have unstable living environments or hazardous triggers may require a high level of care.
Some people’s mental conditions are so severe that a few scheduled treatment sessions at our treatment center aren’t an effective solution. Regardless of how severe your mental illness is though or how many treatment sessions that you will need to treat your mental illness, our caring mental health treatment professionals here at Montare BH can create a treatment plan that is customer-specific to fit your needs.
Therapy Programs Offered at Montare Behavioral Health
- Individual psychotherapy– Individual mental health therapy is a form of mental health treatment in Los Angeles for patients who talk about their own reflections and thoughts with a psychotherapist. Individual mental health therapy for a mental disorder focuses on all of the patient’s individual needs. Here at Montare Behavioral Health, we can help treat all mental disorders.
- Group therapy– Group therapy is a mental health counseling session that occurs between a licensed therapist and two or more patients. Usually, a therapy group consists of more than five but less than 20 patients. In most cases, numerous people are going through similar situations; therefore, speaking about one’s mental condition in a group of people with similar mental health issues can help people know that they’re not alone.
- Family therapy– Family therapy is a form of mental health counseling that focuses on building and sustaining healthy family relationships. Family therapy encourages family members to understand and work together to solve problems. Individuals that attend family therapy also learn how to express their needs to one another and support each other.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy– Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is a form of clinical mental health counseling that’s structured and teaches patients how to change their negative thoughts, emotions, and behaviors into positive ones. Psychotherapists usually initiate CBT. CBT is a standard form of mental health counseling.
- Equine therapy– Equine therapy incorporates treatments that usually involve horses to help improve patients’ mental and physical health.
Additional Therapy Programs Offered at Montare Behavioral Health
- Dialectical behavioral therapy– Dialectical behavioral therapy is a clinical mental health counseling method that focuses mostly on both accepting and changing harmful and negative thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. DBT also focuses on helping people develop better coping and social skills.
- Holistic healing– Holistic healing can act as a form of mental health therapy that focuses on treating the whole patient rather than just the disorder. Holistic mental health treatment Los Angeles treats the whole patient by identifying and treating mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual issues within their mind, body, and soul.
- Meditation– Meditation is a holistic mental health therapy practice in which patients focus and calm the mind. There are several forms of meditation practices like guided meditation, which is when you focus on mental images in your mind that provide comfort.
- Art therapy– Like many definitions, the best way to describe art therapy is to think about making art to enhance your mindset. While mental health counseling is crucial for mental health treatment Los Angeles, combining art therapy can also provide many therapeutic benefits.
- Music therapy– Music therapy has been quickly growing due to the demand to utilize holistic treatment for mental disorders. Expressive arts therapy has been shown to enhance many mental conditions dramatically. It can also help improve a patient’s overall quality of life.
Treatment of Mental Health Programs Offered at Montare Behavioral Health
- Inpatient treatment therapy for mental health– For those who are living with mental illnesses, inpatient treatment is exceptionally beneficial. Due to mental illness being prevalent, the demand for treatment has increased exponentially. The goal of an inpatient treatment center that treats mental illness is very different from how it was years ago. Psychiatric hospitals used to exist only to lock people away with mental disorders from the rest of society that were perceived as normal.
- Outpatient treatment for mental health–Outpatient mental health treatment Los Angeles requires less schooling than inpatient mental health treatment Los Angeles. When it comes to intensive outpatient program treatment, some patients will enter this stage of therapy fresh out of inpatient treatment. In comparison, others will complete a partial hospital program and still require more treatment. An intensive outpatient program only requires roughly 3 hours per day of treatment. This allows more freedom for your personal life.
- Mental health treatment for seniors– Mental disorders amongst seniors can range from enduring daily challenges of getting older to living with undesired brain changes. Furthermore, as people get older, psychological and neurological changes can become life-altering. Roughly 15% of seniors suffer from neurological and psychiatric disorders.
Additional Treatment for Mental Health Programs Offered at Montare Behavioral Health
- Mental health treatment for young adults– Young adults must seek out treatment for their mental illnesses to help prevent severe consequences like suicide. There are far too many young adults who have died due to untreated mental disorders, and the mission is to stop that.
- Mental health treatment for women– Women who are affected by mental disorders are usually reluctant to get help. Seeking mental health treatment in Los Angeles feels daunting and the fight against mental illness in the healthcare industry is evident. Severe conditions like depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, and schizophrenia are some of the main conditions that require proper diagnosis. The stigma attached to mental disorders should not keep people, especially women, from getting treatment.
- Professionals program– Usually, a professional in the working field will conceal people’s illnesses. This is because of the capacity to maintain life’s obligations, especially with associates and clients. These functioning mentally ill victims will brush off receiving help, thus preventing themselves from getting the treatment that they need. The longer a working professional neglects his or her mental disorder, the worse it can grow.
Mental Health Conditions Treated at Montare Behavioral Health
- Depression Treatment– Depression is a mood disorder that harms how people think, feel, and act. Depression impacts the ones suffering in their environments, situations, and personal relationships. More people suffer from depression than most people think. Thus, mental health treatment for depression is usually needed to manage this condition.
- Anxiety treatment– Anxiety is prevalent in society today. Anxiety makes people feel nervous, stressed, and restless. It also causes people to experience both emotional and physical stress that interferes with people’s daily lives. If left untreated, anxiety symptoms could disrupt people at work, prevent people from engaging in social situations, and prevent them from participating in hobbies.
- Bipolar disorder treatment– People with bipolar disorder will find that their symptoms worsen over time. Suffering from bipolar disorders carries a heightened risk of suicide. People who have bipolar disorder must seek professional treatment to get help. Bipolar disorder is a brain disorder that severely impacts a person’s attitude, behavior, mood, activity levels, and energy.
- Borderline personality disorder treatment– Borderline personality disorder is a complex and severe mental illness, usually amongst adults between 18 and 35. A borderline personality disorder is distinguished by ongoing patterns of self-image, varying moods, and behavior. The mood it can create is passivity, instability, fear of being alone, and poor self-image are common borderline personality disorder symptoms.
Additional Mental Health Conditions Treated at Montare Behavioral Health
- Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Treatment– Schizoaffective disorder is a severe and chronic mental illness that causes people to experience schizophrenia-like delusions and mood disorder symptoms like depression. People suffering from schizoaffective disorder are usually misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia due to how many symptoms from the disorders are shared.
- PTSD and trauma treatment– Trauma is an emotional and psychological response to an experience that is distressing. Traumatic events are dangerous, scary, disturbing, and shocking. These experiences can be natural like an earthquake and can also be caused by people like an assault, attack, crime, or car accident. Trauma treatment is usually the only way to overcome PTSD and other forms of trauma.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) treatment– People with obsessive-compulsive disorder have symptoms of compulsions, obsessions, or a combination of both. Obsessive-compulsive disorder symptoms will usually interfere with life, including school, work, and personal relationships. Obsessions are defined as urges, repeated thoughts, or mental images. Compulsions are defined as repetitive behavior that creates an urge to respond to an obsessive thought.
- Eating disorder treatment– Eating disorders are severe, and often, fatal sickness is associated with severe changes in eating behaviors and related emotions and thoughts. A professional treatment plan is usually the only way somebody can overcome an eating disorder.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) – Attention deficit hyperactive disorder, known as ADHD, is common amongst teenagers and adults. It is defined by an inability to concentrate, being easily distracted, and struggling to stay on task. ADHD can also include hyperactivity, particularly in children and young adults. The hyperactive element is what separates ADHD from attention deficit disorder. Although they are closely associated and used conversely, ADD and ADHD are different and are usually misdiagnosed. The causes of ADHD are still unclear, but treatments range from psychotherapy to medication.
Get Mental Health Treatment in Los Angeles at Montare Behavioral Health
When it comes to choosing the best facility for mental health treatment Los Angeles, there are many things to consider. Montare Behavioral Health provides numerous clinical mental health counseling treatments and resources.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a mental illness, know that the mental health professionals at Montare Behavioral Health can help. Because various mental conditions affect everyone differently, we create customized treatment plans to satisfy our patient’s needs. Plus, we’ve proven to produce successful recovery results.
Montare Behavioral Health has put measures to help people suffering from mental illness and co-occurring disorders receive the help that they need. Contact us today and allow Montare Behavioral Health to treat those life-altering mental health and co-occurring mental disorders for good.